Saturday, October 25, 2008

And so it begins...

This blog is the result of a growing curiosity to see what would happen if I became a little more vocal, so to speak, about “the arts”: music, movies, books, theater, photography, etc. Friends had previously encouraged me to write movie reviews for the local paper, but I just didn’t see it happening. On a blog, though, I could write about not only current movies, but also old favorites. Writing about other arts subjects just seemed like the next logical step.

So we’ll start with movies. I made a list of favorites (which is extremely difficult to do with any subject) and I’ll just work my way down the list, and we’ll see what other subjects come up in between.

But let me be clear: Everything posted on this blog will be subjective, but comments, contributions and differing opinions are welcome. When I say that something is “one of my favorites,” it does not translate to mean “I’m right and you’re wrong.” I will try to present my thoughts in such a way that it means “I enjoyed this, and these are the reasons why.”

At this point it seems appropriate to include a quote by Francois de La Rochefoucauld (don’t worry, I can’t pronounce it either): “We rarely think people have good sense unless they agree with us.” I am as guilty as anybody. But I truly believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions.

As for the blog title, I got the phrase from “Easier to Be,” one of my favorite songs by Lifehouse. It just felt right.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Yay for your first entry! I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to say!

Space Lady said...

May all the Little Elves gather in wonder and anticipation of what is being prepared for them!
Spread your wings and fly, my friend!
God bless!

Space Lady said...

Okay, so pretend I am patting you on the head when saying, in a MENACING-episode (after the trilogy) sort-of-way, "We will watch your career with great interest . . ."